Life long hypertension control

My story starts with a cna training course I was taking in 2004.  During the training the students were practicing blood pressure measurements.  When my turn came to be tested, my blood pressure was high.  

This is when I began my research on hypertension.  I tried exercising as was suggested by many reports to loose weight and lowering my sodium intake as other reports suggested and that did help, but it was not enough. I found it difficult to maintain a consistent exercise routine and a diet of low sodium due to my schedule and other time constraints.


I also noticed that garlic and parsley softgels helped in my attempt to manage my hypertension.  I decided to try the Atkins diet and I lost weight but found it difficult for me to maintain due to constant hunger. I tried the Food Lovers program and found it difficult for me because of my schedule vs the amount of times I had to eat- (at least five times per day).  I joined a local YMCA but it was not effective for me and it took too much time and money. 

I also tried a program called Medifast. Medifast is a cross between Food Lovers and Atkins and I experienced some good results as long as I stayed in the program but I experienced the same challenges as with Atkins and Food Lovers-schedule and hunger.


After much research and personal study, I have finally come to realize exactly what I needed to successfully manage my hypertension.  After applying these inexpensive steps, my blood pressure went from 150/100 avg. to 120/82 avg. I would love to share with anyone interested exactly what I do to keep my hypertension under control.
It's my sole desire to share with others who are dealing with hypertension as I am the lifestyle changes and sacrifices I made to control my hypertension. 

 The first thing I did was start a body detox.  I eliminated all commercial  deodorants, antiperspirants, soaps, skin and hair products, oral cleaners and washes. I also chose not to subject myself to toxic pharmaceuticals and use essential oils instead.  I highly recommend that you purchase the Essential Oils desk reference and do your research. 


The book and the oils are a bit expensive, but when used properly, I have experienced that essential oils can be just as effective as pharmaceuticals and commercial products, but without the toxins and side effects.  If essential oils are something you would like to take a closer look at, I recommend the Young Living website which is one of the best in my opinion.


 I discarded all petroleum/lanolin based hair and skin care products and incorporated ingestible oils such as olive, coconut, avocado, wheat germ and grape seed for skin and hair care.  The next step of my body detox was to incorporate as much organic foods (not USDA organic) as my budget could afford along with other natural elements.  I also implemented 
CoQ10 and beet root powder to increase blood flow. 

 The next step I took was adding more fresh fruit and veggies to my diet.  I did this by replacing a meal or two with fresh juice.  If money is an issue, I suggest starting with the nutribullet which is the least expensive but very effective and working your way up to a Vitamix which is the most effective and expensive.  I also discarded processed foods and  incorporated whole foods. 

 Whole foods are foods that consist of just one ingredient; fresh meats, nuts, seeds, beans, fruit and vegetables, preferably organic.  I replaced table salt with liquid aminos from a local health food store because it has less sodium.


 My next step was consistent exercise which was the most difficult.  The best exercise program for me is one that I can do in a short amount of time, and I can do in the comfort of my home and feel like an actual workout.  With a little research, you will find plenty of at home exercise programs, but without consistency they are useless.

 I understand that what I do may not be right for everyone, but nothing is the worst thing anyone can do when dealing with hypertension.  I can only hope that what I shared will be a help to someone.



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unkicctv, specializes in supplying and catering the latest technology Security Devices and Intercom System that has been widely demanded by a number of offices, showrooms, commercial complexes and hospitals. Unik cctv is a well-known e-commerce for security equipment and devices selling in the USA market, that make use of premium quality material and components. Furthermore, our offered products are thoroughly checked by expert quality controllers on various parameters to ensure flawlessness. Visit to check what suite your apartments, houses, villas and office. It’s time to secure and equip your property. Visit - www.unikcctv.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Plus (1PC), and get a lifetime license for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Access, OneDrive, and Skype for Business. Professional Plus is an essential tool for individuals as well as small and mid-sized organizations which want access to full-featured, up-to-date Microsoft software. Equipped with latest versions of Word, Excel, Power-point, Outlook, One-note and Publisher as well as access to Office Web Apps and Skype for maximum productivity and communication among dispersed teams. For More Info Please Contact Us https://www.digitalsoftwaremarket.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. online printing shop is a must now days since it provides fast delivers and 15 day return with that you also get reward every time. Click here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Techsaga, as Digital Marketing experts, deliver inspiring, eye-catching designs and measurable campaigns that connect with target audiences, boost online marketing and encourage business growth. Click here

    ReplyDelete
  6. acquiring services of KPMG PREVA, you will be relieved of the bookkeeping duties and can divert the time saved in more productive activities which are directly related to the revenue earning potential of your organization. KPMG deals with financial data, classifying and generating reports,online bookkeeping tool

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buy Microsoft Office 2016 Home & Student (1 MAC) (MAC Version) and Get LifeTime License for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.

    microsoft office 2016 home & student

    ReplyDelete
  8. Metsa raie on viimastel aastatel metsaomanike poolt üha enam tähelepanu pälvinud, kuna hakkpuidu tootjate ja tarbijate arv kasvab.
    Metsa raie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Techsaga, as Digital Marketing experts, deliver inspiring, eye-catching designs and measurable campaigns that connect with target audiences, boost online marketing and encourage business growth.
    Click here

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are a wireless network expert having experience in planning, building, and providing businesses with wireless connectivity solutions. We offer wireless connectivity solutions to enterprises with the capability to connect all elements within your network frame in order to give you the connectivity required to operate more efficiently. More Info

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment